Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse Training is a free video-based training led by a trained facilitator for any school, group, or individual. This training is statistically proven to make ten children safer for every adult trained by providing the tools to recognize signs of child abuse, learn proper reporting protocol and how to make a report, and understand the importance of your role as a mandated reporter.
- A report of child abuse is made every 10 seconds.
- At least 1 in 7 children have experienced child abuse and/or neglect in the past year, and this is likely an underestimate. ¹
- In Texas, anyone who suspects child abuse or neglect has a legal obligation to report it.
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse Training is proven to make 10 children safer for every adult trained.
Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse Training is available both online or in-person delivered by a trained CAC facilitator.
During the training, you will:
- identify signs of sexual abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect
- understand your legal obligations as a mandated reporter
- learn the steps for making a child abuse report
- understand the value of your role as a mandated reporter
- learn the basics of handling a child’s outcry of abuse
We are grateful for your dedication in preventing child abuse and neglect. A school, business, or group may choose to host a Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse Training as a way to train multiple individuals. These trainings are typically two hours and are led by a trained CAC facilitator.